Saturday, February 18, 2012

Salvage Art


Elephant - Phase 1



Neil and I have been working on some projects for a local Salvage Art show. Neil did the above painting of the kids in their winter caps on an old chalkboard we had thrifted or found some years ago. It had just been gathering dust in our basement so it's nice we finally got some use out of it . The hats are collaged from food packages and cotton balls.

The elephant has been a collaborative effort. As you can see from the first picture it originally had a vacuum hose trunk and was mounted on a round wooden board. We decided to scrap the board because it was too heavy. The trunk will be replaced by dryer vent hose - we just have to figure out how to attach it! If you have an recommendation I'd love to hear them!

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment